Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
10 22, 24, 11:30:38:AM

Login with username and password

Biden is like the alcoholic stealing our milk money
to buy drinks for strangers at the local Bar.

Search:     Advanced search
2714526 Posts in 303881 Topics by 309 Members
Latest Member: Final_Boss
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Musk Offering to Bribe Voters to Vote for tRump! Isn't THAT Illegal? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Musk Offering to Bribe Voters to Vote for tRump! Isn't THAT Illegal?  (Read 28 times)
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« on: 10 20, 24, 05:16:00:AM » Reply

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/musk-says-he-ll-award-1-million-every-day-to-pennsylvania-voters-who-sign-his-petition/ar-AA1szwUS?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=261a7ceda4134cc5b31045ed7d91986a&ei=36

Elon Musk announced he will pay up to $1 million per day to Pennsylvania voters who sign his America PAC petition leading up to Election Day.

The petition asks signers to support free speech and the right to bear arms.

“One of the challenges we’re having is like, well, how do we get people to know about this petition? Because the legacy media is— won’t report on it,” Musk said at a Saturday event in support of President Trump in Pennsylvania. ”You know, not everyone’s on X. So, I figure, how do we get people to know about it? Well, this news, I think, is going to really fly.”

After the announcement the tech giant, who publicly endorsed the former president’s bid for the White House after his July assassination attempt, immediately chose one of the audience members to be the first recipient of the prize.

“The only thing we ask for the million dollars is that you be a spokesperson for the petition,” Musk told the awardee.

Musk kick started campaign events for former President Trump in the Keystone State on Thursday, pursuing undecided voters on the crucial battleground’s turf.

Lawmakers like Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.) have admitted that the entrepreneur is able to appeal to a demographic that Democrats struggle to reach.

“Most endorsements don’t count for much in this business, but Musk is … incredibly popular, and he has an appeal to a demographic that Democrats have struggled with,” Fetterman said earlier this week.

Musk has served as a “megaphone” of the former president’s thoughts, tones and rhetoric on social platforms like X, which the tech billionaire owns. Since July, Musk has personally contributed at least $75 million to support Trump’s re-election bid through the PAC.

Musk also recently pledged to give voters in battleground states outside of Pennsylvania $47 for signing the petition and another $47 for referrals.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Sure sounds illegal to me.  Oh wait, look at THIS!

18 U.S. Code § 597 - Expenditures to influence voting

Whoever makes or offers to make an expenditure to any person, either to vote or withhold his vote, or to vote for or against any candidate; and

Whoever solicits, accepts, or receives any such expenditure in consideration of his vote or the withholding of his vote—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597
Truman62

« Reply #1 on: 10 20, 24, 11:08:10:PM » Reply

MAGA Fanatics LOVE to support Lawbreakers!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/musk-offers-voters-1-million-191212259.html

The giveaway is raising questions and alarms among some election experts who say it is a violation of the law to link a cash handout to signing a petition that also requires a person to be registered to vote.

Democratic Gov. Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania, the state's former attorney general, expressed concern about the plan on Sunday.

“I think there are real questions with how he is spending money in this race, how the dark money is flowing, not just into Pennsylvania, but apparently now into the pockets of Pennsylvanians. That is deeply concerning," he said on NBC's “Meet the Press.”
zsq987
TRUMP = GREAT President; SOBama/Biden = WORST Presidents

Libs are Racists/Bigots against all White People.

« Reply #2 on: 10 21, 24, 01:29:48:AM » Reply

chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #3 on: 10 21, 24, 01:39:57:AM » Reply

So who's going to be the first commie to charge him?  Hahahahaha
Truman62

« Reply #4 on: 10 21, 24, 02:30:58:AM » Reply

Once again, the MAGA Fanatics ignore a clear violation of the law, like MAGA Fanatics are ABOVE the law.

Just like what the Nazis did.

You Totalitarian types are all alike.
Truman62

« Reply #5 on: 10 21, 24, 12:57:18:PM » Reply

Once again, the MAGA Fanatics ignore a clear violation of the law, like MAGA Fanatics are ABOVE the law.

Just like what the Nazis did.

You Totalitarian types are all alike.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #6 on: 10 21, 24, 01:00:58:PM » Reply

More Bullshit from the boards biggest liar and projection king !

FYI , a “petition” is not a “vote” you mentally disturbed ignorant troll !

Who told you it was ?

Hahahahahahaha !
Truman62

« Reply #7 on: 10 21, 24, 01:09:59:PM » Reply

Once again, DENIAL and Deflection from Sinus.

Gawd, you are SO predictable.

What part of the law is UNCLEAR to you?

Whoever makes or offers to make an expenditure to any person,..., to vote for or against any candidate.
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
Truman62

« Reply #8 on: 10 21, 24, 01:12:49:PM » Reply

Legal Experts are calling it "Vote Buying."

Seeing YOU are NOT an expert, you should listen.

++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.newsweek.com/elon-musks-petition-illegal-vote-buying-election-law-expert-1972020

Leading law experts are questioning the legality of Elon Musk's initiative to give away $1 million per day to registered voters in key swing states.

The Tesla CEO's America PAC has been actively promoting the giveaway as part of a broader effort to support former President Donald Trump's campaign.

The pro-Trump petition seeks to guarantee freedom of speech and the right to bear arms. Only registered voters in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin and North Carolina can sign, enter the $1 million giveaway and claim $100 before the offer expires on October 21 (the deadline for voter registration).

At a recent event in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Musk awarded the first $1 million check to a registered voter, emphasizing his goal to "get over a million, maybe two million voters in the battleground states to sign the petition in support of the First and Second Amendment."

Several legal experts argue the offer is illegal or coming "close" to illegal, while others say it is merely "distasteful."

Should Musk be found in violation of federal election laws, the consequences could be severe. Under federal law codes, violators can face fines and imprisonment for up to five years.
Truman62

« Reply #9 on: 10 21, 24, 01:14:43:PM » Reply

"Though maybe some of the other things Musk was doing were of murky legality, this one is clearly illegal," wrote Rick Hasen, a UCLA Law School political science professor, at the Election Law Blog, about the $1 million per-day giveaway.

He pointed to a law that prohibits paying people for registering to vote or for voting.

"The problem is that the only people eligible to participate in this giveaway are the people who are registered to vote. And that makes it illegal," Hasen said in a telephone interview.

Democratic Gov. Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania, the state's former attorney general, expressed concern about Musk's $1 million give-away plan on Sunday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/musk-petition-pac-1-million-trump-legal-questions/

MAGA Fanatics LOVE to break the law, and LOVE people who are felons!
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #10 on: 10 21, 24, 01:16:20:PM » Reply

I looked at the law and it's very clear to me.  It's so clear ya don't need so-called legal experts to explain it to ya.  Hahahaha!  When ya have to drag those out, ya know it's only to muddy the waters.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #11 on: 10 21, 24, 01:18:34:PM » Reply

Musk Offering to Bribe Voters to Vote for tRump!  Isn't THAT Illegal?

Would you be OK with it if Mark Cuban did the same for the Left?  I'll bet you would.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Musk Offering to Bribe Voters to Vote for tRump! Isn't THAT Illegal?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory