Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
10 22, 24, 11:31:17:PM

Login with username and password

Biden is like the alcoholic stealing our milk money
to buy drinks for strangers at the local Bar.

Search:     Advanced search
2714789 Posts in 303901 Topics by 309 Members
Latest Member: Final_Boss
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Six Waltons have more wealth than bottom 30% of Americans 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Six Waltons have more wealth than bottom 30% of Americans  (Read 253 times)
ttopcat

« on: 12 14, 11, 11:59:43:PM » Reply

Hard to believe that 6 people have more in assets than around 100 million people.

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AmmR92m.eqKduhndtet3ElmbvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTUzYnFpYWNtBGEDMTExMjE0IG5ld3MgZm9yYmVzIHdhbHRvbnMgdARjY29kZQNwemJ1YWxsY2FoNQRjcG9zAzQEZwNpZC04MDY3NDUEaW50bAN1cwRtY29kZQNwemJ1YWxsY2FoNQRtcG9zAzIEcGtndAMyBHBrZ3YDMgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDdGQtbndzBHNsawN0aXRsZQR0ZXN0AzcwMQR3b2UDMTI3NzU2Mzk-/SIG=134nc0cqc/EXP=1324011309/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/six-waltons-more-wealth-bottom-30-americans-182819449.html
ttopcat

« Reply #1 on: 12 15, 11, 12:08:29:AM » Reply

I have read that 2% of the wealthy in Brazil own more than all the rest of Brazilian people.

In Saudi Arabia the rich Royality own the entire country,and all the oil.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #2 on: 12 15, 11, 12:15:51:AM » Reply

WalMart (and its other entity Sams Club), as well as Home Debot and Lowes et al are responsibile for much of the small business losses in this country.

The worst is the Internet. So, if Al Gore wants to claim he invented the Internet, then he is also responsible for all those businsess and job losses as well.  Ya can't eat the icing without getting a little cake in there too.

fun n games
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 12 15, 11, 12:22:31:AM » Reply

And the conservatives wonder why the 99% are screaming and hollering at the 1%.  You just told them why.
ttopcat

« Reply #4 on: 12 15, 11, 12:30:08:AM » Reply

http://www.chacha.com/question/who-were-the-top-five-richest-men-of-the-twentieth-century

The rich have always controlled this country,nothing has changed...All countries have a rich elite 1 or 2 %.Even China.
ttopcat

« Reply #5 on: 12 15, 11, 12:36:01:AM » Reply

http://artfake.net/richest_man.htm
ttopcat

« Reply #6 on: 12 15, 11, 12:37:22:AM » Reply

http://www.therichest.org/world/worlds-richest-woman/
Baretta19

« Reply #7 on: 12 15, 11, 04:55:30:AM » Reply

But this comparison of wealth desn't show us quite what Mr. Goldberg thinks it does. If you've no debts and have $10 in your pocket you have more wealth than 25% of Americans. More than that 25% of Americans have collectively that is.

hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #8 on: 12 15, 11, 05:58:07:AM » Reply

no, it did not use to be that way in this country.  before reagan, after WW2 to Reagan, the middle class was kicking ass.  the leave it to beaver years.  the average family could get by on just one paycheck!!  have a car, maybe two, pay for the house, have 2 to 3 kids, go on vacations.  and this was the average family, not just the upper middle class.  but reagan's redistribution of wealth supply side plan, the cutting of income taxes for the rich by 42% while raising taxes 11 times, one being the largest tax increase in history, has led to the devastation of the middle class, and the working poor, and the rich having way more control of the income and the wealth in this country and political power to-  WHY ELSE WOULD THE REPUBS BE BITCHING SO MUCH ABOUT A 4.6% TAX INCREASE ON THE RICH?  they used to pay a 70% income tax rate, now they pay 35% and they are bitching about a 4.6% hike?

* rich.jpg (43.71 KB, 450x391 - viewed 8 times.)
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #9 on: 12 15, 11, 06:06:40:AM » Reply

Well it that is the case why don't they buy one third of America, it would be a good investment.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 12 15, 11, 06:17:51:AM » Reply

The standard of living for Americans has fallen longer and more steeply over the past three years than at any time since the US government began recording it five decades ago.

Bottom line: The average individual now has $1,315 less in disposable income than he or she did three years ago at the onset of the Great Recession – even though the recession ended, technically speaking, in mid-2009.

What has led to the most dramatic drop in the US standard of living since at least 1960? One factor is stagnant incomes: Real median income is down 9.8 percent since the start of the recession through 2011, according to Sentier Research in Annapolis, Md., citing census bureau data.

To be sure, the recession has hit unevenly, with lower-skilled and less-educated Americans feeling the pinch the most, says Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody's Economy.com based in West Chester, Pa. Many found their jobs gone for good as companies moved production offshore or bought equipment that replaced manpower.

"The pace of change has been incredibly rapid and incredibly tough on the less educated," says Mr. Zandi, who calls this period the most difficult for American households since the 1930s. "If you don't have the education and you don't have the right skills, then you are getting creamed."

Per capita disposal personal income – a key indicator of the standard of living – peaked in the spring of 2008, at $33,794 (measured as after-tax income).   

The so-called misery index, another measure of economic well-being of American households, echoes the finding on the slipping standard of living. The index, a combination of the unemployment rate and inflation, is now at its highest point since 1983, when the US economy was recovering from a short recession and from the energy price spikes after the Iranian revolution.

Stock investments aren't any better. Since 1999, the Standard & Poor's index, on a price basis, is off 17 percent. It's up 3.2 percent when dividends are included, but that's a small return for that length of time.

"This is really a lost decade of affluence," says Sam Stovall, chief investment strategist at Standard & Poor's in New York.

And then there is your ordinary senior whose Social Security [check] has not gone up in the last several years, but food and gasoline [prices] have skyrocketed.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44962589/page/3/
Baretta19

« Reply #11 on: 12 15, 11, 06:57:30:AM » Reply

no, it did not use to be that way in this country.  before reagan, after WW2 to Reagan, the middle class was kicking ass.  the leave it to beaver years.  the average family could get by on just one paycheck!!  have a car, maybe two, pay for the house, have 2 to 3 kids, go on vacations.

"Borrow 125% of the value of your home" And they did.
"Zero percent interest rate" (Unless you default then it's 28%.. And they did
"60" BIG SCREEN TV $3700" And they did
"Drive a Lexus for only $559.00 mo" and they did
"6% on second mortgage, send your kids to college, go on vaction, get a new car" and they did.

I am 55 yrs old, own my home,(2400 sq ft on 5 acres) make 6 figures take 3 vacations a yr and carry about $9000 in debt. I am a RESPONSIBLE AMERICAN, Live within my means, I highly suggest that the morons get a clue, I feel about this {} bad.

Last year they foreclosed on my neighbors home (liberal moron) He/they drove off in a 2009 Mustang GT, Lexus SUV and a Hummer.

Saw a guys on ABC news standing in front of his house they bank took over, he couldn't afford the payments yet leaning on his $35,000.00 Ford PU

Blah
Blah
Blah
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Six Waltons have more wealth than bottom 30% of Americans
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory