Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 20, 24, 11:38:49:AM

Login with username and password

Trump knows who the BAD GUYS are.
Thats why they want him gone.

Search:     Advanced search
2706576 Posts in 303002 Topics by 310 Members
Latest Member: Final_Boss
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Pete Buttigieg Can’t Believe How ‘Odd’ J.D. Vance Turned Out to Be 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg Can’t Believe How ‘Odd’ J.D. Vance Turned Out to Be  (Read 74 times)
wvit1001

« on: 07 30, 24, 01:02:42:PM » Reply

“There is a temptation to have our message be entirely about Donald Trump, because we’re so disturbed by what his return would mean,” Buttigieg said. “And maybe a little more also about J.D. Vance, because of how odd he’s turned out to be.”

He explained to Jon Stewart, “He just systematically insulted so many people. It’s not just the kind of things he said, but the policy ideas behind them. Like, he has this idea that you should get extra votes if you have kids… He suggested that you should have extra votes if you’re a parent.”

“He doesn’t just say that being a parent gives you an important role as a citizen, which I agree with because it gives you a unique perspective on the future; it’s that not being a parent makes you less,” Buttigieg said.

“Oh, I think that’s absolutely how they feel,” Stewart said.

“He said people who don’t have children, this is a quote, ‘have no physical commitment to the future of this country,’” Buttigieg explained. “When I was deployed to Afghanistan, I didn’t have kids back then, but I will tell you: especially when there was a rocket attack going on, my commitment to this country felt pretty physical.”

“Can I tell you something?” Stewart said. “This is why people love seeing you go on their shows. Because that framing is perfect. It points to that idea that, ‘Who are you to tell what’s in someone else’s heart about what they feel about the future or what they feel about this country?’ And the sacrifices that you made, as you said, without having had children, were tremendous.”

Stewart also brought up the GOP’s branding of itself as a friend to the working class, asking Buttigieg, “What is this economic populism based on?”

“Well, it’s not based on policy,” Buttigieg replied. “It’s just body language. It’s this idea that if you just act like you are populist, that counts.”

The secretary explained further: “Look, I’m under no illusions that elections are just a policy exercise… But if your party has been systematically against unions, against a higher minimum wage, against things like paid family leave, against overtime, then just because you found Hulk Hogan and Kid Rock and put them on stage doesn’t make you a friend of the working class.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pete-buttigieg-cant-believe-how-odd-jd-vance-turned-out-to-be
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 07 30, 24, 01:03:57:PM » Reply

LOL!

Thats rich coming from that bizarre and lazy fool!
lakitss

« Reply #2 on: 07 30, 24, 01:20:12:PM » Reply

That's not real hypocritical coming from a man who took paternity leave with his HUSBAND for two months while our railcars were rolling over causing toxic spills or massive fires!
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 07 30, 24, 01:26:54:PM » Reply

Those weren't "our" railcars lacky.   Those were Norfolk Southern railcars and Norfolk Southern paid for the and oversaw the cleanup. 
lakitss

« Reply #4 on: 07 30, 24, 01:30:47:PM » Reply

In America. Our rails, our tracks, our citizens affected, and you act like this happened in Australia fer crissakes!

In your narrow vision, has there ever been any democrat that has fucked up, or are they exempt from blame, responsibility and accountability?

Seems as though that's your view.
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 07 30, 24, 01:39:40:PM » Reply

The EPA was there to montor the clean up and make sure all the rules were followed but the federal government wasn't responsible for the spill or the clean up lacky.   Norfolk Southern was the responsible party and they volutarily conducted the clean up. 

Why would you expect the federal govenment to pay for or be responsible for any of this?
Dan
Contributor

GW & Truman are Banned

« Reply #6 on: 07 30, 24, 02:16:37:PM » Reply

Right.  Vance is the odd one.  Not Bootyjudge.  Not the guy who takes 3 months off for maternity leave despite not having a uterus.  Not the guy who says highways are racist.

Dan
Contributor

GW & Truman are Banned

« Reply #7 on: 07 30, 24, 02:22:38:PM » Reply

Not the guy who let cargo ships pile up outside L.A.
Not the guy who wants to hire air traffic controllers based on skin color.
Not the guy who let airports clog up with delays.
Not the guy who oversaw all the Boeing safety failures.
lakitss

« Reply #8 on: 07 30, 24, 02:35:34:PM » Reply

Pot, kettle, black........
August West

« Reply #9 on: 07 30, 24, 02:42:21:PM » Reply

That's not real hypocritical coming from a man who took paternity leave with his HUSBAND for two months while our railcars were rolling over causing toxic spills or massive fires!
That would be a job for fire departments and hazmat teams. If he would have gone there, the losers would be screeching about photo ops.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #10 on: 07 30, 24, 05:19:05:PM » Reply

Wrong again, Dan. 

Not the guy who let cargo ships pile up outside L.A.
- Buttigieg was the guy who fixed that tRump Problem.
Not the guy who wants to hire air traffic controllers based on skin color. - Now you are making shit up again.
Not the guy who let airports clog up with delays. - Buttigieg was the guy who fixed that tRump Problem.
Not the guy who oversaw all the Boeing safety failures. - No that's another tRump problem, because he repealed all the regulations, remember?

omiaqt
With the Political Conviction of President Trump...we are now the new Soviet Union!

Remember Alexei Navalny

« Reply #11 on: 07 30, 24, 05:28:16:PM » Reply

And sticking your male member into another man's rectum is not weird...wvit?

Quite "afraid" aren't you!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Pete Buttigieg Can’t Believe How ‘Odd’ J.D. Vance Turned Out to Be
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory