Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 30, 24, 07:34:04:PM

Login with username and password

Biden is like the alcoholic stealing our milk money
to buy drinks for strangers at the local Bar.

Search:     Advanced search
2708976 Posts in 303277 Topics by 309 Members
Latest Member: Final_Boss
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Fed Judge Slaps Down Attempts from GOP to Regulate Across State Lines 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Fed Judge Slaps Down Attempts from GOP to Regulate Across State Lines  (Read 341 times)
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« on: 05 07, 24, 11:20:18:PM » Reply

A federal judge smacked down a series of threats by Alabama’s Republican attorney general to prosecute groups that help women obtain out-of-state abortions, wading into a debate over access to the procedure that has lingered since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade two years ago.

The plaintiffs, including a group called the Yellowhammer Fund that helps women obtain out-of-state abortions, sued Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall after he suggested prosecution might be possible for groups that “aid and abet abortions,” including by helping women travel out of state.

That issue has been closely watched by advocates on both sides of the abortion debate as red states across the country ban or severely limit access to the procedure in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe. That has forced many women seeking an abortion in a clinical setting to cross state lines.

“The right to interstate travel is one of our most fundamental constitutional rights,” US District Judge Myron Thompson wrote in a preliminary ruling late Monday.

“Alabama can no more restrict people from going to, say, California to engage in what is lawful there than California can restrict people from coming to Alabama to do what is lawful here,” Thompson wrote.

The suits were brought not by women seeking an out-of-state abortion but rather by groups that intend to help them. Thompson, appointed to the bench by President Jimmy Carter, wrote that a patient’s right to travel was “inextricably bound up” with those groups. Collectively, he wrote, the groups receive as many as 95 inquiries each week asking about the availability of out-of-state abortions.

“The Constitution protects the right to cross state lines and engage in lawful conduct in other states, including receiving an abortion,” Thomson wrote in a decision that will allow the lawsuit to proceed. “Travel is valuable precisely because it allows us to pursue opportunities available elsewhere.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-judge-blasts-threat-alabama-112135650.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&segment_id&ncid=crm_19907-1202927-20240508-0&bt_user_id=ezEbEiwGuqvV8Ni06UJYUHNu0IcPMJzb4jtg9Zk8cymg3CLdWMSSdNvZFioLL4Fs&bt_ts=1715129548792

Truman62

« Reply #1 on: 05 08, 24, 07:15:40:AM » Reply

Truman62

« Reply #2 on: 05 08, 24, 11:12:00:AM » Reply

Truman62

« Reply #3 on: 05 08, 24, 11:13:48:AM » Reply

WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #4 on: 05 09, 24, 12:53:44:PM » Reply

https://offers.proudpatriots.com/order-614154991707848729168?_ef_transaction_id=&affid=21&domain1=&network_id=69&oid=130&sub1=1860&sub2=1026f03a9ac6ecfb1573ad7abf3013&sub3=&sub4=&sub5=&utm_source=affiliatetraffic
Truman62

« Reply #5 on: 05 09, 24, 04:09:01:PM » Reply

Amazon.com: Gagster Donald Trump Toilet Paper Roll - 3 Ply Funny Novelty Gag, 200 Sheets Per Roll
Truman62

« Reply #6 on: 05 09, 24, 04:10:10:PM » Reply

D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #7 on: 05 09, 24, 04:12:35:PM » Reply

CNN: strongly left-biased based on advocacy for a communist agenda and avoidance of factual reporting due to the promotion of censorship, propaganda, no actual science, and no fact-checking of their sources.

Questionable Reasoning: Extreme Left, Avoidance of Science, Censorship Advocate, Purveyor of Propaganda, Conspiracy Theory Advocates, Piss Poor Sourcing, Failed Fact Checks.
Bias Rating: FAR LEFT
Factual Reporting: NONE
Country Freedom Rank: DECLINING
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
Credibility Rating: NO CREDIBILITY
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Fed Judge Slaps Down Attempts from GOP to Regulate Across State Lines
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory