Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 07, 24, 07:31:47:PM

Login with username and password

When wondering why such a divide exists in America, never forget the warning:
"We are just days away from Fundamentally Changing the United States of America."

Search:     Advanced search
2702842 Posts in 302632 Topics by 310 Members
Latest Member: Final_Boss
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Summer Official on Wednesday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Summer Official on Wednesday  (Read 703 times)
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« on: 06 20, 23, 10:04:58:PM » Reply

Longest daylight of the year.

Summer for me is work and training/participating in triathlons.  four-five this year.

I MOD Saturdays for health club with an outdoor swimming pool, lifeguard at the local beach and at the YMCA (indoors, yuk).  giving swim lessons is part of the job.  great working with (really) young kinds to teach them a valuable skill.

watching the corn grow in the fields that I bicycle through.  I get front row sighting of community Independence Day fireworks, guarding at the beach - I stand in the water to make certain no one goes in past sunset and the show.  the BIG local community festival is that weekend.   can walk over to the beer tent from my beach gig.

volunteer at summer camp is in July.  Springsteen at Wrigley Field in August.

free concerts at the beach on Tuesdays (BYOB).  another nearby community foundation venue raises money with concerts on Thursdays.  $5 admission and $5 beers/wine.  wonderful people watching and bumping into acquaintances.

then, there are White Sox and Cubs games to attend (season ticket holder since 1991 and 1989). 

we still have to pick a family picnic date.  we have two new grand nephews we haven't seen other than in pictures.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 06 21, 23, 03:21:48:AM » Reply

I wish the longest day was a holiday and a beautiful day, but it's looking like rain again, and I have to work so that sucks royally.

My summers are filled with weeds, cutting, more weeds, more cutting, more weeds, lather, rinse, repeat...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 06 21, 23, 06:29:48:AM » Reply

We are having a downpour right now. So much needed so I can't complain.  I will take....cut the lawn yesterday so we're good to go. Happy Summer!!!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 06 21, 23, 06:32:38:AM » Reply

Last day of spring in the garden...only goods because I had the sprinklers going everyday. And miracle grow!

* IMG_6637.jpeg (5639.4 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 88 times.)
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #4 on: 06 21, 23, 07:02:17:AM » Reply

Happy Summer!!! Looking forward to it.
Add: Had to post before seeing it, Gorgeous Garden, Sunshine!!

I wish the longest day was a holiday and a beautiful day, but it's looking like rain again, and I have to work so that sucks royally.

My summers are filled with weeds, cutting, more weeds, more cutting, more weeds, lather, rinse, repeat...

A blessing the cool weather vs so hot it's unbearable. Hopefully you can hire some summer help. Get some time to kick back and relax. You have earned it, Takn.

Longest daylight of the year.

Summer for me is work and training/participating in triathlons.  four-five this year.

I MOD Saturdays for health club with an outdoor swimming pool, lifeguard at the local beach and at the YMCA (indoors, yuk).  giving swim lessons is part of the job.  great working with (really) young kinds to teach them a valuable skill.

watching the corn grow in the fields that I bicycle through.  I get front row sighting of community Independence Day fireworks, guarding at the beach - I stand in the water to make certain no one goes in past sunset and the show.  the BIG local community festival is that weekend.   can walk over to the beer tent from my beach gig.

volunteer at summer camp is in July.  Springsteen at Wrigley Field in August.

free concerts at the beach on Tuesdays (BYOB).  another nearby community foundation venue raises money with concerts on Thursdays.  $5 admission and $5 beers/wine.  wonderful people watching and bumping into acquaintances.

then, there are White Sox and Cubs games to attend (season ticket holder since 1991 and 1989). 

we still have to pick a family picnic date.  we have two new grand nephews we haven't seen other than in pictures.
How amazing you are still participating in Triathlons. Years ago you mentioned doing the southern most one in FL Keys? Still on bucket?

Confusing regarding beer booth and lake monitoring - at the same time. I probably read that the wrong way.

JW, are you are a certified lifegauard and swim instructor at the pool?

Sounds like you are going to have a fulfilling summer!!
--
We have had wonderful rare mild weather here for 6 or 8 months instead of oppressive heat. More rain this season than expected. Am ready for the summer heat to hit, as much as can be anyway.
Looking forward to thee longest day of the year!!!

Spring and Summer are absolute favorites.

Here is Summer bbq' s and swimming. Night walks, whole house fan in the wee hours,
personal fans at reading nooks at home here in the San Gabriel Valley. And air conditioning.
At least one trip to Del Mar and early morning tide pools.

Hope everyone has a fun Summer!!!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 06 21, 23, 09:23:25:AM » Reply

Amen to that.
Dan
Contributor

GW & Truman are Banned

« Reply #6 on: 06 21, 23, 01:28:32:PM » Reply

I get 19 hours and 21 minutes of daylight today.  I go to bed before sunset.  It won't get dark here again until mid-August.

But Anchorage has had the 4th coldest spring on record this year.  We've only seen a handful of days where the temperature has reached the 60s.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #7 on: 06 21, 23, 03:04:44:PM » Reply

That's a lot of sunshine! And Sun, that's a nice tribute!
I looked it up for Southern CA in general, not sure what exact location they used.

21st
5:34 am 
8:03 pm
14:29:01
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #8 on: 06 21, 23, 03:11:31:PM » Reply

Must be sunrise and sunset, not actual light as at 8:30 or later it's still somewhat 'light' outside.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #9 on: 06 27, 23, 11:04:22:PM » Reply

Hanging in there with Triathlons.  Key West is 12/10.  2 maybe 3 between now and then.  Dealing with some injury and age.  Physical Therapy followed by Persona Training starts Friday.

With the Lifeguard crew this afternoon and evening for the free concert in the park.  One can BYOB as a patron.  Every Tuesday night until August.

The other regularly scheduled outdoor concerts and community summer festival site is literally right across the road from the beach.  They cost admission and one has to purchase beer, wine, beverages.  It all funds a community foundation.   

Brutal air quality today.  Considered worst in the world.  Knocked out 3-4 of our guards.  Sky looked like something out of a post apocalyptic movie or scene from Star Wars.

Certified lifeguard, swim instructor and head guard at YMCA pool and lake beach.  leaning heavy on time at the beach until Labor Day.  when the College and High School students go back to school, the adult guards ease back onto the daytime schedule at the Y.  I also MOD for a health club that has 3 indoor and 1 outdoor pool.  (free memberships at both for myself and the mrs).

the highlight of my summer is - https://youtube.com/v/8TFGzJCNFOs

Never enough time to design, plant and grow a flower garden...so very envious of your garden sunshine.

Do you wear eyeshades to sleep, dan?  With my schedule, I power nap and use them.

Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #10 on: 07 02, 23, 10:34:44:AM » Reply

Big Holiday Weekend...not going as planned.

Canadian Wild Fire smoke finally abated, mostly, yesterday.  There's been the threat of rain, with only sprinkles until this morning.  All combining to dampen crowds at the beach and the outdoor pool.

Crowds at the community festival are down almost 20% according to my friend on the organizing committee.  Today's the big day, parade and fireworks at sunset...and it's a steady, but not storming, rain that's predicted to continue into the afternoon.

Welcome rain in our drought conditions.  Corn appears to be responding well, soybeans not so much.

Working inside pools 10-3, then fireworks duty at 7.  They'll probably get off the fireworks to a soggy crowd.  They were lined up at the park entrance at 7am with their umbrellas.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Summer Official on Wednesday
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory