Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 20, 24, 11:16:06:PM

Login with username and password

Trump knows who the BAD GUYS are.
Thats why they want him gone.

Search:     Advanced search
2706744 Posts in 303034 Topics by 311 Members
Latest Member: Arisha3Oi
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: The Taiwan count down has begun! 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 36 Print
Author Topic: The Taiwan count down has begun!  (Read 10541 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #48 on: 07 06, 23, 10:57:30:PM » Reply

Japan, South Korea and the Philippines will be hardest hit in the event of a conflict between Taiwan and China, according to a report by the Economist Intelligence Unit.

EIU defines a conflict as a “full-conflict scenario, involving direct military participation by China, Taiwan and the U.S.” and based on the presumption of an escalation by China.

To be clear, the EIU assesses the risk of a direct Chinese military assault on Taiwan as “very unlikely.” But should it occur, the three economies will be “most vulnerable” due to their proximity to the Taiwan Strait and heavy trade ties with China, but more importantly, because these three countries are U.S. treaty allies.

China sees self-ruled Taiwan as a breakaway province that should be reunified with the mainland. Chinese President Xi Jinping has previously said China will “strive for the prospect of peaceful reunification,” but “will never promise to give up the use of force.”

Taiwan sees itself as a sovereign state and separate from China, having ruled itself since the Nationalist government fled there from the mainland in 1949 following a protracted civil war. Tensions between Taiwan and China’s governments have risen over the years, and high-level U.S. politicians’ visits to Taiwan have drawn Beijing’s ire.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/07/taiwan-conflict-will-hit-japan-philippines-south-korea-hardest-eiu.html
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #49 on: 07 06, 23, 11:31:21:PM » Reply

Key Takeaways 

• KMT presidential candidate Hou Yu-ih stated his intent to stop the extension of mandatory military service to one year, likely exacerbating existing CCP leverage points targeting the DPP under the dominant but contested “war versus peace” election narrative.
  • The CCP publicly qualifies comments from Chinese Ambassador to the European Union Fu Cong about Ukraine reclaiming its 1991 borders and is unlikely to replace Fu Cong.
https://understandingwar.org/backgrounder/china-taiwan-weekly-update-july-6-2023
D2D

« Reply #50 on: 07 08, 23, 03:32:34:PM » Reply

The only country that can rival the United States in economic, political, and military power is China . And Beijing's military threat to the U.S. is growing.

China continues to intimidate Taiwan , a longtime American friend and home of Taiwan Semiconductor, a pillar of the digital and artificial intelligence revolution .

China also continues to pursue false territorial claims against Japan and the Philippines, two stalwart treaty allies of the U.S. In a new development, China is also turning the screws on the U.S. economy by restricting access to rare earths, which are inputs into America’s electronic and digital infrastructure.

But what would war with China mean for different sectors of the U.S. economy? I wrote on this topic recently , but considering the rising prospect of a U.S.-China war, it's worth a deeper dive.

For a start, consider that over 1,000 U.S. companies have operations in China. China is an important source of revenue for many of the largest U.S. companies, including Apple, Caterpillar, John Deere, and Nike. Equally important, these and several hundred other U.S. companies use China as the source for their global supply chains. Unfortunately, most U.S. businesses have adopted a "head in the sand" policy regarding the possibility of war between the U.S. and China.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/courage-strength-optimism/us-corporate-giants-are-badly-overexposed-to-china-war-risk

Any sane company with assets in China would be removing them!
D2D

« Reply #51 on: 07 08, 23, 06:42:15:PM » Reply

I never understood why any business would do business in China!
D2D

« Reply #52 on: 07 10, 23, 01:15:49:PM » Reply

Can anyone explain why anyone would be so stupid as to do business in China?
D2D

« Reply #53 on: 07 11, 23, 07:16:35:PM » Reply

Democrats profess ignorance!
D2D

« Reply #54 on: 07 11, 23, 11:00:00:PM » Reply

US defense manufacturer Raytheon is reportedly bringing retirees back on the job to help make enough missiles to aid the war effort in Ukraine. While the Pentagon hasn't bought Stinger missiles in decades, those are precisely the weapons that Ukraine is wanting.

"Stinger's been out of production for 20 years, and all of a sudden in the first 48 hours [of the war], it's the star of the show and everybody wants more," said Wes Kremer of Raytheon at the Paris Air Show last week, according to Defense One.

The US Army placed an order for 1,700 Stinger missiles in May 2022, but the Pentagon said at the time that it would take 4 years, or about 30 months, for those weapons to be delivered. This is "largely because of the time it takes to set up the factory and train its employees," Defense One reports.

https://thepostmillennial.com/us-defense-contractor-raytheon-to-bring-engineers-out-of-retirement-to-fulfill-bidens-order-for-stinger-missiles-to-send-to-ukraine
D2D

« Reply #55 on: 07 12, 23, 10:15:33:PM » Reply

Bet the order isn't completed in less than 6 years!
D2D

« Reply #56 on: 07 13, 23, 03:01:19:AM » Reply

The Chinese military is training kindergarteners to handle firearms and fight like soldiers in boot camps across China this summer, according to dozens of school social media accounts reviewed by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The boot camps feature combat training for boys and girls with a wide variety of toy weapons including knives, grenades, rifles and shoulder-fired missiles, and require the children to adopt military behavior, such as saluting, the schools’ social media posts show. The rise in the militarization of China’s youth appears to follow a 2019 Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Central Committee push for increased “National Defense Education” and a related effort directing schools to hold National Defense Education activities in 2022, according to government documents.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/10/chinese-military-kindergarteners-war-bootcamps/

The next bloody purge is coming very soon!
D2D

« Reply #57 on: 07 13, 23, 08:12:17:PM » Reply

Apparently, Democrats see nothing wrong with militarized 5-year-olds!
D2D

« Reply #58 on: 07 14, 23, 12:39:17:AM » Reply

Key Takeaways

1.   Cross-strait issues have reemerged as the prominent topics of debate in the Taiwanese presidential election.

2.   The Cyberspace Administration of China renewed its crackdown on “self-media” to create an internet order governed by stricter central censorship.

Democrats are all for it and wish Xi ruled America!
D2D

« Reply #59 on: 07 14, 23, 04:00:51:PM » Reply

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oiP4HD5zUK0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/oiP4HD5zUK0</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiP4HD5zUK0

Sadly, we don't have the manufacturing capacity to supply Taiwan any faster!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 36 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: The Taiwan count down has begun!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory