Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 21, 24, 02:51:13:AM

Login with username and password

Trump knows who the BAD GUYS are.
Thats why they want him gone.

Search:     Advanced search
2706790 Posts in 303038 Topics by 311 Members
Latest Member: Arisha3Oi
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: The Taiwan count down has begun! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 36 Print
Author Topic: The Taiwan count down has begun!  (Read 10563 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #24 on: 06 03, 23, 08:51:30:PM » Reply

Will China be satisfied with taking Taiwan and destroying the US Pacific fleet?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #25 on: 06 09, 23, 10:10:09:PM » Reply

Key Takeaways
[LIST=1]
  • Ongoing sexual harassment scandals primarily within the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) may increase the domestic appeal of Taiwan People's Party (TPP) presidential candidate Ko Wen-je, who promotes cross-strait policies broadly emphasizing economic and political engagement with China.
  • Chinese participation in high-level dialogue with the United States may aim to mitigate the risks of additional US sanctions and export controls on Chinese technological sectors.
  • Chinese military activities in the Indo-Pacific may undermine the Global Security Initiative’s (GSI) ability to re-orient Indo-Pacific security cooperation away from the United States.
https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/china%E2%80%93taiwan-weekly-update-june-9-2023
D2D

« Reply #26 on: 06 10, 23, 10:09:03:AM » Reply

Democrats love the idea of paving their way to dictatorship with the bodies of Americans!
D2D

« Reply #27 on: 06 10, 23, 12:36:35:PM » Reply

The Navy is developing a new long-range anti-ship missile — dubbed the Maritime Strike Tomahawk — that would allow Marine units based on Japanese islands to sink Chinese ships taking part in an invasion of Taiwan.

Right now, the Marine Corps’ Navy Marine Expeditionary Ship Interdiction System, or NMESIS, uses Naval Strike Missiles, which have a range of up to 115 miles.

A recent war game conducted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies think tank showed that for NMESIS to be effective during a Chinese invasion of Taiwan, the system would have to be on the island before hostiles commence, said retired Marine Col. Mark Cancian, a senior adviser with the CSIS International Security Program.

Moreover, the diplomatic hurdles involved with deploying a Marine unit equipped with NMESIS to Taiwan before such an invasion are immense, Cancian told Task & Purpose. Because of the range and quantity of Chinese weapons, it is not likely that the Marines could deploy NMESIS to Taiwan after an invasion had started.

“Based on the Navy’s development schedule, procurement [of Maritime Strike Tomahawks] may begin as early as the late 2020s,” Close told Task & Purpose. “The Marine Corps does not have any Maritime Strike Tomahawks now as MST is a developmental program in the Navy.”

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/marine-corps-tomahawk-anti-ship-missiles/

Another constraint on the CCP's window of opportunity to take Taiwan!
D2D

« Reply #28 on: 06 11, 23, 04:05:27:PM » Reply

Democrats want China to win!
D2D

« Reply #29 on: 06 11, 23, 06:45:13:PM » Reply

War between the United States and China in the western Pacific is a real possibility in the next several years. Although both sides have conducted military exercises and “war games” in the region, predicting the course and outcome of such a war is problematic. Military strategists and war planners, even armed as they are with the latest information technologies and precision weapons, have yet to overcome Clausewitzian “friction” and the Luttwakian “paradoxical logic” of strategy. Strategies and plans often fail to survive contact with the enemy. What Bismarck said about statesmen is also true of generals and admirals: They “cannot control the current of events [but] can only float with them and steer.”

In any future U.S. war with China, sea power will play a major role in the fighting. In the Asia-Pacific, China has the obvious advantages of geographical proximity to the arena of conflict and has been assiduously expanding its naval power to achieve regional naval superiority--at least in numbers of warships. As Sam Tangredi of the U.S. Naval War College has noted, numbers matter, and by the end of the decade if current trends continue China’s PLA Navy (PLAN) may reach a total of 460 warships, while the U.S. fleet may decrease to 260 warships. Tangredi contends that those who claim America’s technological advantages will tip the balance in war against China are ignoring history which shows that “in a naval struggle between near-peers, mass (numbers), and the ability to replace losses bests technological advantage.” “At a certain point of imbalance in mass,” Tangredi continues, “the larger naval force cannot be defeated.” Tangredi’s conclusion: “If the United States wants to retain global influence, maintain deterrence in multiple regions, and conduct combat operations against a near peer that is expanding its global military footprint, it needs a large number of naval platforms.”

Tangredi’s conclusion is based on history, which is the best teacher. He studied the outcomes of 28 wars that involved significant naval clashes, including the Peloponnesian Wars, the Punic Wars, Rome’s civil wars, Anglo-Spanish and Anglo-Dutch-French wars, the Seven Years’ War, the wars of the French Revolution and Empire, the Opium Wars, the American Civil War, the Spanish-American War, the Russo-Japanese War, World Wars I and II, and the Cold War. In all but three of the 28 naval clashes, the nation with superior numbers won.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/06/10/american_sea_power_in_the_asia-pacific_939895.html
D2D

« Reply #30 on: 06 12, 23, 07:46:06:AM » Reply

Democrats have gutted our national defense!
D2D

« Reply #31 on: 06 13, 23, 07:44:42:AM » Reply

Democrats are gleeful!
D2D

« Reply #32 on: 06 13, 23, 06:09:20:PM » Reply

The Biden administration is working on preparing plans to evacuate Americans in Taiwan, The Messenger reported Monday.

The federal government’s plans have been in the works for at least six months, according to The Messenger, which cited three sources with knowledge of the plans. Anticipation of a possible Chinese invasion of Taiwan has been mounting as China’s military encroachment of waters and airspace has heated up in recent months.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/12/biden-admin-prepping-plans-evacuate-americans-taiwan/
D2D

« Reply #33 on: 06 14, 23, 07:14:22:AM » Reply

Bent Bought Beijing Biden is working hard to ensure the CCP takes as many Americans hostage as possible!
D2D

« Reply #34 on: 06 14, 23, 01:59:03:PM » Reply

Remember Democrats will use any excuse to gain more power!
August West

« Reply #35 on: 06 14, 23, 02:07:57:PM » Reply

Were those Democrats who beat up 130 cops and smeared shit on the walls of our Capitol in an attempt to steal the presidency?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 36 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: The Taiwan count down has begun!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory