Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 21, 24, 03:48:03:AM

Login with username and password

Trump knows who the BAD GUYS are.
Thats why they want him gone.

Search:     Advanced search
2706802 Posts in 303039 Topics by 311 Members
Latest Member: Arisha3Oi
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Last three years hottest on record 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Last three years hottest on record  (Read 131 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 22, 18, 11:06:09:AM » Reply

The past three years were the hottest on record and heat waves in Australia, freak Arctic warmth and water shortages in Cape Town are extending harmful weather extremes in 2018, the United Nations said on Thursday.

Atlantic hurricanes and monsoon floods in India contributed to make 2017 the most costly year on record for severe weather and climate events, the U.N.'s World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) wrote in its annual report on the global climate.

"The start of 2018 has continued where 2017 left off – with extreme weather claiming lives and destroying livelihoods," WMO Secretary-General Petteri Taalas wrote in the report.

The study confirmed a provisional finding that 2016 was the warmest year in records dating back to the 19th century, with 2017 and 2015 tied for second place in a warming trend the WMO blames on man-made emissions of greenhouse gases.

Last year was the hottest year without an extra boost from an El Nino event that releases heat from the Pacific Ocean.

Talaas said unusually high temperatures in the Arctic in 2018 contrasted with bitter winter storms in Europe and North America.

Also so far in 2018, "Australia and Argentina suffered extreme heat waves, whilst drought continued in Kenya and Somalia, and the South African city of Cape Town struggled with acute water shortages," he said.

The report said that German reinsurer Munich Re estimated total disaster losses from weather and climate-related events in 2017 at $320 billion, a record after adjustment for inflation.

https://public.wmo.int/en
zsq987
TRUMP = GREAT President; SOBama/Biden = WORST Presidents

Libs are Racists/Bigots against all White People.

« Reply #1 on: 03 22, 18, 02:03:07:PM » Reply

How hot was it before records were taken?
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #2 on: 03 22, 18, 03:19:25:PM » Reply

And the weather has shown how crazy it is...

3 big hurricanes hit Texas East Coast and PR.
Wildfires and mudslides in California.
Calif getting set for another mud slide time.
4 Nor-Easters in a row on East Coast.
How many tornadoes are we gonna get this Spring?
I'm scared for us this next hurricane season...
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #3 on: 03 22, 18, 03:42:10:PM » Reply

wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 03 22, 18, 03:43:43:PM » Reply

Roy Spencer will steer you wrong chuck, you should read some actual scientific works.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #5 on: 03 22, 18, 03:46:38:PM » Reply

Roy Spencer isn't steering me anywhere.  The data is all that matters.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 03 22, 18, 03:49:51:PM » Reply

your chart comes from his site

http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/
omiaqt
With the Political Conviction of President Trump...we are now the new Soviet Union!

Remember Alexei Navalny

« Reply #7 on: 03 22, 18, 03:51:20:PM » Reply

When the temperature data is skewed to portray a desired result, of course you come up with those the three hottest years.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 03 22, 18, 03:53:47:PM » Reply

John Christy and Roy Spencer of the University of Alabama published a series of papers starting about 1990 that implied the troposphere was warming at a much slower rate than the surface temperature record and climate models indicated Spencer and Christy (1992). One early version of their data even showed a cooling trend (Christy et al. 1995).

Several groups of scientists began looking closely at this discrepancy. With so many other pieces of evidence indicating warming, it seemed unlikely that the troposphere would not be warming. Errors were discovered in the methods the UAH group used to adjust the data.

To understand what was wrong: The satellites must pass over the same spot on Earth at the same time each day to get a temperature average. In reality the time the satellite passes drifts slightly as the orbit slowly decays. To compensate for this and other orbital changes a series of adjustments must be applied to the data.

When the correct adjustments to the data were applied the data matched much more closely the trends expected by climate models. It was also more consistent with the historical record of troposphere temperatures obtained from weather balloons. As better methods to adjust for biases in instruments and orbital changes have been developed, the differences between the surface temperature record and the troposphere have steadily decreased.

At least two other groups keep track of the tropospheric temperature using satellites and they all now show warming in the troposphere that is consistent with the surface temperature record. Furthermore data also shows now that the stratosphere is cooling as predicted by the physics.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/satellite-measurements-warming-troposphere.htm
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 03 22, 18, 03:55:07:PM » Reply

why would the temperature data be skewed to show a certain result omiaqt?   why would anyone desire that?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #10 on: 03 22, 18, 09:43:22:PM » Reply

Since there is apparently no agreement on the global temperature, its causes cannot even begin to be considered.  Airtight reasoning.
omiaqt
With the Political Conviction of President Trump...we are now the new Soviet Union!

Remember Alexei Navalny

« Reply #11 on: 03 22, 18, 09:45:03:PM » Reply

I don't really have to explain the logic of lying, do I ms/master wvit1001?
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Last three years hottest on record
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About