Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 27, 24, 03:18:36:PM

Login with username and password

Trump knows who the BAD GUYS are.
Thats why they want him gone.

Search:     Advanced search
2708333 Posts in 303209 Topics by 309 Members
Latest Member: Final_Boss
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Are you blue eyed? I am. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Are you blue eyed? I am.  (Read 434 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 09 23, 17, 07:19:21:PM » Reply

New research shows that all blue-eyed people share a common ancestor. This person lived more than 6,000 years ago and carried a genetic mutation that has now spread across the world.
The exact cause remains to be determined but scientists do know that eye color began to change long before recorded history began. The following is a transcript of the video.
All blue-eyed people have one ancestor in common, born around 6,000-10,000 years ago. Blue eyes are caused by a gene mutation. For years, researchers had searched for it on the OCA2 gene. The OCA2 gene determines how much brown pigment is in our eyes. But what they were looking for wasn't there at all.
The mutation was found on an entirely different gene called HERC2. HERC2 turns off OCA2, meaning it turns off the brown and reveals the blue. Every blue-eyed person has this exact same mutation.
How did this mutation get its start? Possibly when humans migrated from Africa to Europe. This would explain why only people of European descent have blue eyes. It would also suggest that all blue-eyed people share a single European ancestor.
Now, that's an impressive family tree!
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 09 23, 17, 08:50:18:PM » Reply

Ol' Blue Eyes here.  When I had the lead in the HS play, someone remarked how the young freshman ladies will all fall in love with me as the spotlights reflect a bright blue off my eyes.  Dad had blue eyes, but grandpa had grey eyes.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 09 23, 17, 10:42:46:PM » Reply

I have blue eyes, so do my husband, kids and grandkids.  My parents both had blue eyes and my Dad's blue eyes and thick eyelashes got hm into a lot of trouble (according to my mum).
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #3 on: 09 24, 17, 01:01:45:AM » Reply

My husband and both our boys have blue eyes.
Who couldn't love blue eyes?
luvtimes

« Reply #4 on: 09 24, 17, 03:55:03:AM » Reply

We all come the same family...we all talked the same language once upon a time...but that tower of
Babel changed the world and made folks different...some with brown eyes some with blue...skin also changed...hair too...

No I don't have blue eyes but I can see pretty good except for the floaters that by the way is irritating the heck out of me...

Getting that checked soon...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 09 24, 17, 05:13:58:AM » Reply

Luv...I have a lot of floaters too....sometimes drives me nuts.
luvtimes

« Reply #6 on: 09 24, 17, 08:51:03:AM » Reply

my floaters sometimes give off lightning strikes or blackouts last only a second but hey I don't want to be driving down the street and have  black outs.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #7 on: 09 24, 17, 10:40:40:AM » Reply

I've had those wavy strikes too, but not for a while now.  The only prescription drug I take is an eye drop every night.   I was diagnosed with pre-glaucoma and so far so good.  I get my check up twice a year.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #8 on: 09 26, 17, 08:21:22:PM » Reply

'We are fam-i-ly. All my brothers, sisters n me....we are fam-i-ly, get up everybody and sing'
Something like that.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Are you blue eyed? I am.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory