Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 20, 24, 04:29:14:PM

Login with username and password

Trump knows who the BAD GUYS are.
Thats why they want him gone.

Search:     Advanced search
2706660 Posts in 303013 Topics by 310 Members
Latest Member: Final_Boss
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: GWB Institute Finds Immigrants Make America Strong! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: GWB Institute Finds Immigrants Make America Strong!  (Read 31 times)
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« on: 09 09, 24, 01:11:20:PM » Reply

One point of note: Immigrants were also less likely than Dallas' U.S.-born population to live below the federal poverty line and receive Medicaid or Medicare, the study found.

Huh...  Kinda blows up the MAGA conspiracy theory about Immigrants using up all our resources, eh?

https://www.wfaa.com/article/money/immigration-study-dallas-economy-billions/287-06eb4e0a-3020-4699-9600-3f6ca1122c95

DALLAS — A study showing the impact of immigrants on Dallas' economy in 2022 revealed billions of dollars in contributions to the local economy.

The study was released amid other reports that Texas is one of the fastest-growing states in the country and added more Hispanic, Asian and Black residents than any other state last year.

The study was conducted by the American Immigration Council, a nonprofit that advocates for immigrants through education and legal support, according to the organization's website. The report was prepared in partnership with the city of Dallas, which found that the 299,800 immigrants living in the city in 2022 made up 23.2% of the total population.

In 2022, immigrant households earned $10.7 billion and about $9.1 billion of that may have gone to the state and local economy, with about $900 million being paid to state and local taxes. That leaves about $8.2 billion to spend in the local economy, which makes up about 20% of the total spending power in Dallas.

The study also highlighted individual immigrants living in Dallas who contribute to the local economy. Maria Mosomi, who immigrated to California from Tanzania with her family at age 8, worked her way through school to become a psychiatric nurse practitioner, according to the study. Today, she is the CEO of a Dallas practice that sees about 200 patients a week.

“The impact is made one person at a time, and it trickles down,” Mosomi stated, according to the study. “When people are physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy, they produce communities that are economically stronger, as well.”
Truman62

« Reply #1 on: 09 09, 24, 01:19:46:PM » Reply

MAGA Don't want to know this.
Truman62

« Reply #2 on: 09 09, 24, 04:30:34:PM » Reply

MAGA can't handle the truth.

That their conspiracy theories are shit.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #3 on: 09 09, 24, 04:33:57:PM » Reply

That's why we'll take legal immigrants all day long.
Truman62

« Reply #4 on: 09 09, 24, 05:41:51:PM » Reply

Then tell the MAGA business owners to STOP hiring them!

Punishing the worker for getting a job, is like punishing a fire for burning up your neighborhood and ignoring the arsonist.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #5 on: 09 09, 24, 07:43:28:PM » Reply

What, and have all your illegal alien pals roaming the streets?
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #6 on: 09 09, 24, 08:14:54:PM » Reply

Immigrants were also less likely than Dallas' U.S.-born population to live below the federal poverty line and receive Medicaid or Medicare, the study found.

That's probably true of those immigrants who enter the country legally. But I seriously doubt it applies to those who entered illegally when Biden opened the borders.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #7 on: 09 09, 24, 09:15:03:PM » Reply

local...   
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: GWB Institute Finds Immigrants Make America Strong!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory