Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 29, 24, 01:24:53:AM

Login with username and password

Biden is like the alcoholic stealing our milk money
to buy drinks for strangers at the local Bar.

Search:     Advanced search
2708582 Posts in 303232 Topics by 309 Members
Latest Member: Final_Boss
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Judge blasts Trump's subpoena to prosecutor 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Judge blasts Trump's subpoena to prosecutor  (Read 340 times)
wvit1001

« on: 05 10, 24, 07:58:48:PM » Reply

Judge blasts Trump's subpoena to prosecutor as "improper fishing expedition"

New York Judge Juan Merchan on Friday rejected former President Trump's bid to subpoena former Manhattan assistant D.A. Mark Pomerantz as part of his ongoing hush money criminal trial.

Why it matters: Trump's legal team had sought documents from Pomerantz's time at the Manhattan district attorney's office as well as some dated after his departure.

Several of the Trump team's document requests were "impermissibly broad" and "amount to an improper fishing expedition," Merchan wrote.

There is also "no reasonable likelihood" the requests would uncover any relevant information, he added.

Another request for documents following Pomerantz's departure "seeks information on topics that are not relevant and material to the facts at issue," Merchan wrote.

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/10/trump-subpoena-prosecutor-hush-money
Dan
Contributor

GW & Truman are Banned

« Reply #1 on: 05 10, 24, 08:19:56:PM » Reply

Of course he does.  He’s a TDS radical leftist.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 05 10, 24, 08:31:41:PM » Reply

He seems like he had some very good reasons dan

Several of the Trump team's document requests were "impermissibly broad" and "amount to an improper fishing expedition," Merchan wrote.

There is also "no reasonable likelihood" the requests would uncover any relevant information, he added.

Another request for documents following Pomerantz's departure "seeks information on topics that are not relevant and material to the facts at issue," Merchan wrote.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #3 on: 05 10, 24, 08:42:16:PM » Reply

The corrupt Dem-Commie Judge denies EVERYTHING the Trump Team requests.

That seems pretty normal and fair and just.

NOT!!!
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 05 10, 24, 08:55:58:PM » Reply

that's not true wavy and you know it's not

After a short morning break, Judge Merchan said he's siding with the defense team over whether the prosecution can show jurors a video of Trump commenting in 1999 on his knowledge about campaign finance laws.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2024/05/10/donald-trump-trial-news-hush-money-case-live-updates/73635879007/#:~:text=After%20a%20short%20morning%20break,knowledge%20about%20campaign%20finance%20laws.

Merchan, the judge overseeing the trial, sided with Trump's legal team on whether a piece of evidence could be introduced,

"Merchan sides with the defense on the Larry King interview. The prosecution will not be allowed to introduce it," Fung wrote in a post to X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter.

https://www.newsweek.com/judge-merchan-trump-win-larry-king-interview-1899450
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #5 on: 05 11, 24, 12:43:39:AM » Reply

And NOW we find out Trump is paying several women to keep silent about his episodes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-campaign-hid-settlements-with-women-new-complaint-says/ar-BB1mbkwm?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=6c85aca2a7e04dd7b10a505c69343b9c&ei=59

Delgado’s filing presented evidence of top Trump attorney Marc Kasowitz openly admitting that the campaign wanted to use a law firm to cover up a potential settlement payout in 2017. The arrangement, as Delgado described it, appears specifically designed to evade the consequences of federal disclosure laws that require campaigns to publicly report the identities of payment recipients.
“In other words, the payment would be routed through a middleman, to hide the fact that the Campaign had settled, from the public and the FEC,” Delgado stated. “I thus have direct, personal experience with the Defendant-Campaign hiding settlement payments to women, routing them through a ‘middleman law firm,’ which to the public would only appear as payments “for legal services.”

Delgado also claimed to have “information and reason to believe” that other campaign payments have hidden settlements with women “who raised complaints of gender discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, and sexual harassment.” Those payments, she said, are related to the $4.1 million that flowed to Kasowitz’s law firm over a two-month period immediately following the November 2020 election, as well as millions in mysterious legal reimbursements to the campaign’s compliance firm, Red Curve Solutions, which The Daily Beast first reported earlier this month, prompting a federal complaint.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Judge blasts Trump's subpoena to prosecutor
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory