Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 07, 24, 08:57:51:PM

Login with username and password

When wondering why such a divide exists in America, never forget the warning:
"We are just days away from Fundamentally Changing the United States of America."

Search:     Advanced search
2702857 Posts in 302633 Topics by 310 Members
Latest Member: Final_Boss
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Florida GOP Passes Bill Allowing Concealed Carry of Loaded Guns 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Florida GOP Passes Bill Allowing Concealed Carry of Loaded Guns  (Read 39 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 30, 23, 10:34:29:PM » Reply

so now criminals can carry guns without fear of being arrested for it.    what could go wrong?
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 03 30, 23, 10:39:06:PM » Reply

Under the bill — dubbed "constitutional carry" by conservatives and gun rights activists and "permitless carry" by gun safety activists, supporters of gun restrictions and neutral groups — people would need to have only valid IDs on them while carrying concealed weapons. Failure to do so would carry a $25 fine.

Senate passage comes just three days after a shooter opened fire inside a Nashville, Tennessee, school, killing six people — including three 9-year-old children — an attack DeSantis has not yet spoken about publicly. He is scheduled to visit an Atlanta-area gun store Thursday — a visit Democrats in Georgia have implored him to reschedule.

Democrats hit Republicans for passing the bill within moments of its passage, singling out DeSantis for criticism.

“Florida Republicans have delivered exactly what Ron DeSantis asked for in his shameless effort to boost his national profile and win over the MAGA base," state Democratic Party Chair Nikki Fried said in a statement.

DeSantis has called the bill “something that I’ve always supported.” If he does sign it, Florida will become the 26th state to have such a law as gun violence continues to rocket out of control in the country. There have already been more than 10,000 gun violence deaths in the U.S. in 2023, according to data from the Gun Violence Archive.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/florida-legislature-scraps-requirements-carry-concealed-guns-rcna77201
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #2 on: 03 30, 23, 10:39:19:PM » Reply

Why are you claiming all people engaged in concealed carry are criminals and shouldn't have loaded weapons?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #3 on: 03 30, 23, 10:51:49:PM » Reply

Democrats insist making America a prison will end crime but cannot cite one prison where no crime has ever been committed!
lakitss

« Reply #4 on: 03 31, 23, 07:31:21:AM » Reply

"Shall not be infringed"

Self defense is an inherent right as an American. Police are only around to enforce existing laws, and clean up any mess created by societies miscreants.

Criminals ignore any laws they feel like and always have.

Once criminals realize that any potential victim is prepared to equal the threat, that threat is minimized or matched.

You really are an idiot aren't you?
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #5 on: 03 31, 23, 02:11:14:PM » Reply

Felons would still be unable to have firearms zippy

Nothing in the law changes that.

Or are you reading into this your normal BS again ! ?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #6 on: 03 31, 23, 02:18:39:PM » Reply

I thought Americans could always carry loaded guns.  When did that freedom get taken away?  An unloaded gun is no gun at all.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #7 on: 03 31, 23, 02:29:25:PM » Reply

Besides, laws don't allow or disallow stuff.  Laws only make some stuff punishable.  Everything else is unpunishable.  Commies don't understand much.
D2D

« Reply #8 on: 03 31, 23, 02:48:41:PM » Reply

CCPWvit cannot explain why it is good and just to treat all Americans like prisoners!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Florida GOP Passes Bill Allowing Concealed Carry of Loaded Guns
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory